SOTA Got Talent
Rules & Regulations:
1. Open to SOTA students, staff, and close family members.
Strictly for current SOTA students or Staff
(a) At least 1 SOTA Student or Staff
(b) Consist of SOTA Students/Staff/close Family members
3. Participants are welcome to compete in any performing art form of their choice, such as singing, dancing, poetry reading, stand-up comedy, magic tricks, visual arts etc.
4. All submissions that use music for any part of the act are encouraged to use the following suggested content (in any language):
i) Public Domain Music
ii) Classical Music
iii) Original compositions
iv) Singapore Artistes Compositions
5. The Competition Organizers reserve the right to refuse entries as deemed inappropriate.
6. For group entries, once an entry is confirmed, no change of member/s is allowed. The Competition Organizers reserve the right to review on case to case basis.
7. The Competition Organisers reserve the right to change the programme of events without prior notice.
8. The Competition Organisers will not accept any liability, claims for injuries, damages or loss suffered by the competitors.
9. The judges’ decision shall be final.
10. All competitors must be dressed in appropriate costumes. No revealing costumes or costumes with offensive design and /or wording are allowed.
11. When students record their videos, etc, it’s best for them to do at home because if it is done in school, they must follow safe distancing measures.
12. If students use the music rooms for any band performances, all members of the band must wear a mask.
13. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. The Organisers will not be responsible should there be a delay in your entry confirmation due to incomplete forms or late submission.
14. No age limit for participation.
15. There is no limit to the number of entries that a person can register with different groups. However, each group can only register for ONE entry.
16. No participation by full-time professional artistes in any of the category is allowed, either as solo or in the group.
17. Video submission(s) must not be longer than 5 mins.
18. Video submission(s) should not be professionally produced. Can be recorded using mobile devices.
19. All entries need to submit only ONE act.
20. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by email.
21. The Competition Organisers shall have the rights to use the submitted video for any/or all publicity purposes.
22. In the event of any question or matter arising out of any point which is not expressly provided for in the rules, the Competition Organisers shall have the power to use its own discretion.
23. Due to the Covid-19 situation, this will be a purely online event.
24. All students recording submissions in school have to wear a mask at all times.