Sat, 05 Jun|
Instagram & Facebook
SOTA Family Cook-Off
NOW ON! Rescue vegetables, cook with your family, and help raise funds for a good cause - all at the same time!
Time & Location
05 Jun 2021, 12:00 am – 20 Jun 2021, 4:50 am
Instagram & Facebook
With the school break, the SOTA Parent Support Group (PSG) is happy to present an activity for the whole family to enjoy - SOTA Family Cook-Off. This is a fund-raising event that aims to foster family bonding at home while creating awareness on food wastage.
Did you know that food waste accounts for about 10% of the total waste generated in Singapore? According to the National Environment Agency (NEA), one of the ways to reduce this is to redistribute unsold/ excess food. The SOTA Family Cook-Off is a two-week event (5 to 20 June 2021) to support the efforts of SG Food Rescue and The Good Life Family Club who are rescuers and distributors of rescued vegetables.
SOTA Family Cook-Off consists of three main activities:
Let’s do our part in lessening food wastage! Main ingredients used for this event will be rescued vegetables.
There are so many ways to turn rescued vegetables into appetizing dishes. We encourage you to get-together as a family to brainstorm recipes and create that special meal for on 20 June 2021.
Share your special family dish to the rest of the SOTA community. Take videos and photos of your family cook-off at home, and post them on social media. Winners will be chosen based on certain criteria, and announced on 28 June 2021.
Here are the details for participating in the SOTA Family Cook-Off:
- Registration starts from 3 June 2021 and ends on 19 June 2021
- Participants must include at least one parent & SOTA child; other family members are encouraged to participate as well. There is a minimum joining fee of S$20 per family. This joining fee is considered as a donation and will go to the SOTA Endowment fund. Donations above S$50 are eligible for tax deduction receipts.
- Registration form is found here : https://tinyurl.com/SotaCookOff
- Participants are to pick up rescued vegetables at the appointed venue:
- Address: The Good Life Family Club. Blk 141 Lorong Ah Soo #01-283, Singapore 530141
- Date and Time: 5 - 19 June 2021 from 10am - 6pm (Mon to Sat only)
- Available on all dates are frozen vegetables such as mixed vegetables, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Mystery additional vegetables available on June 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th from 2 pm - 6pm only.
- Variety and quantity available are on a first-come-first served basis.
- Contact Person: Carolynne - 8875 0995
- What you need to know during pick-up:
- Only collect quantity of rescued vegetables as needed
- Bring your own carrier bags and/or cooler bags
- Brainstorm recipes to make your special dish. The dish cooked must include the rescued vegetables. It is not a requirement to use all rescued vegetables collected.
- Start cooking! Make it a fun family event where each member is given a specific role in the kitchen. We encourage you to serve this dish on 20 June 2021.
- Participants are encouraged to document the cooking process in photos/video, and create a 2-minute Family Cook-Off Presentation (tutorial included).
- Post your Family Cook-Off Presentation on personal IG/Facebook. Deadline for posting is 21 June 2021.
- Post must tag @sotaparents
- The following hashtags “#sotafamilycookoff #SGFR” must also be included in the post.
- Provide Information on the dish such as recipe, the inspiration, the story of the dish or why it is cooked
- PSG will select 10 best Family Cook-Off Presentations and will feature them on the SOTA Parents Website and Facebook page.
- “Like” your favourite Family Cook-Off Presentations
- Wait for announcement & showcase of Top 3 Family Cook-Off Presentations with most likes on 28 June 2021.
We can’t wait to see how you will creatively transform rescued food into delectable dishes! Enjoy and have fun as a family!
SOTA Parents Support Group